Installing Numpy is as easy as running the command below:
- pip install numpy
However, If you don’t have a C/C++ compiler installed, you can get the following error while you are trying to install Numpy on Windows 7 or 8.1:
- error: Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 is required (Unable to find vcvarsall.bat)
Easiest way to install Numpy is using the (unofficial) binary packages from Christoph’s site.
- Download the binaries from the link below:
- Python 2.7.9+ ships with Pip, if you are using Python 2.7.8 or below install Pip by following the steps as follows:
- Download get-pip.py from the link below and save it as .py:
- Then run the following command from command prompt as administrator:
- python get-pip.py
- Open command prompt and navigate to the directory where pip2.7.exe is located:
- cd C:\Python27\Scripts
- Run the following command and install Numpy (you can copy the downloaded binary to the above directory beforehand or enter the full path to the downloaded file)
- pip2.7.exe install numpy‑1.9.2+mkl‑cp27‑none‑win32.whl
It worked for me, it should also work for you..